Thursday, September 24, 2009

today...

Today...I am tired. I started the day tired and frumpy.

Today...I am a little stressed out. I have so many things going on that I wonder if I am coming or going. I have a concession stand to get ready for the football game tomorrow, school work calling me, and a sick girl I had to run to town today for a dr. appt and now she is begging to go to school so she doesn't have piles of homework.

Today...I want to be home. I want to stay home. I want all my family home under the same roof, relaxing and enjoy being a family.

Today...I want to be a stay home mom. I want to gather all my chicks into my nest and be the mom that I am called to be...not the mom that is stressed out and doing a million other things, for a million other people, and are any REALLY that important to my family. I want to take care of things for my family that need my attention like dr. visits, homework, laundry, snuggling, cookin, eating healthy, etc.

Today...I feel like I want to sleep for days.

Today...I want to have time for the precious friendships that I have. I want to sit and talk with my friends, or go out to dinner to catch up on times. I want to laugh with them. I want to be there for them if they need me. I want to enjoy my friends.

Today...I want to rock Cydney (because she is the only one that will slow down long enough) and smell that precious Cydney smell. I want to bottle it up to keep forever. I know these days are slipping through my fingers too quickly.

Today...I want to find some extra minutes to take pictures of my kids. Just because!! Well, mostly because I bought them the cutest mathching outfits over a month ago and we haven't had time for a photo shoot.

Today...I don't want any responsibilities outside my home. I don't want to be committed to anyone or anything for just a little while.

Today...I want to clear my calendar.

Today...I am so thankfully for my healthy (well, mostly) children. My heart is hurting for young children and their families we know and some we don't that aren't as lucky as my children. I truly can't imagine what it takes to go through an illness with your child. I know they draw their strength from the Lord each day, but I often wonder...Could I ever be that strong? I honestly think, no way!! (I am crying now and they aren't even my own children!!)

Today....I am wondering why it is so difficult to get my children into bed at a decent bed time. I would gladly welcome someone insisting to get my fanny in bed.

Today...hasn't been a wonderful day. Thankfully, the Lord's mercies are new every morning. I am looking forward to waking in the morning with a new perspective on the day. Tomorrow WILL BE a better day.

Praying that you have a blessed tomorrow ~

No comments: