Saturday, October 03, 2009

ouch!!!

This morning started as the past few Saturday mornings had begun. Early to rise to head to Amarillo for Carson's flag football game. Just like every other morning, I got myself ready before I woke Ms. Cydney from her bed. As I brought Cydney into my room to get her dressed and ready, I notice her hand was red and swollen. There was an obvious bite on her wrist, which has caused her hand to swell up. I called mom, and we decided that since I would be in Amarillo all morning we would just watch it. By the time I got to Carson's game, my fellow mommy friends urged me to get her to the dr. Fortunately, our pediatrician was on call and we were able to get in. She decided that it was probably a spider or maybe even an ant. However, there is not much we can do with a bite, but watch it for infection. Praying this heals quickly and without further problems. This is a picture of her hand tonight...which looks much better than this morning.




Thankfully, she is suffering no pain or problems with the bite. It just looks uuuuugggly!

As most of you know, I follow MckMama's blog. She eats and feed her family some of the most healthy foods. Actually, I sometimes feel like an awful mom for feeding my kids some of the things I allow them to eat. I really should be feeding them healthier on a regular basis. But...I don't.

Tonight, I made a great salad that MckMama has her own version of on her blog. I thought I would pass it along to you because it is super easy, and super good.




1 can of black beans (drained)
1 can of rotel (drained)
cilantro (amount is to your liking)
salt (to your taste)
4 corn cobs grilled and cut off the cob
garlic powder
squeeze of fresh lime juice

Throw it all together in a bowl and VOILA!!!



And with the leftover corn cobs...feed them to your precious babies.



Because....they love them and it makes them SMILE!!!



No comments: