Monday, November 02, 2009

not me monday!!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.





This past weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the Women of Faith conference in Oklahoma City with several women from my church and my mom.  I DO NOT hate leaving my husband and children, even for 2 short days for a much needed "mommy break."  I DID NOT, even for a single second, feel guilty for leaving them home juggling the kid's busy schedules, as well as Robby's never-ending work schedule.  I DID NOT feel guilty for taking some time to refresh and rejuventate my spirit to be a better wife and mother.  I DID NOT try to use several excuses on my husband to get out of going to Women of Faith because I hate being away from them.  I DID NOT feel one bit guilty for not leaving the refrigerator stocked with plenty depleted of homemade meals they could heat and eat, or that I DID NOT make my sweet husbands life easier by laying all the baby's clothes for the next two days.  Nope...I really DID NOT do it!!!

I DID NOT totally throw my hands up this week and decide to take a weekend away with husband in December.  I know that time out of my classroom is a pain to prepare for, and my students need me there to keep the learning going.  I would NEVER just say forget it all, I am going away to spend time with Robby. 

I AM NOT really frustrated with my dear sweet Calleigh because of her lack of motivation and committment to her reading.  I DID NOT suggest nag for her to read her book on numerous occassions.  I DID NOT want to just throw the towel in and say forget it all.  I DO NOT admit that I don't know what to do to motivate her.  I am NOT admitting that I struggling with being a good mommy right now.

Last week when of my dear, sweet friend announced she was pregnant with her fourth baby, I was NOT secretly jealous.  Why would I want to add another child to the this already crazy life?  That is just asking for more chaos, and Lord only knows that I DON'T need any more crazyness in my life.

After admitting last week that I was struggling finding the time to get through Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, I did NOT go to Women of Faith and buy not one, but TWO additional books to my reading list.  There are NOT five books stacked on my night stand that I want to crawl in a hole and spend days and days reading. 

Had any of your own Not Me Monday's in your week.  Grab a cup of coffee and head over to MckMama's blog and spend your morning laughing as we crazy women admit our imperfections to our blogging buddies. 




2 comments:

Heather said...

So glad you got away (and that you are planning another getaway with your husband). Those are SO important! I was able to help my daughter get motivated to read by choosing books that had horses in them because she is a horse fanatic. Is there anything that Calleigh loves? If she's reading about it, it seems like less work (so I hear). :D Hope you have a great week!

Nic said...

I can always count on you for a good Monday =) Glad you had a good time and I feel you on the baby thing. I have FOUR but can't help but be a bit jealous of my expecting friends. Good Grief =)