Sunday, January 10, 2010

cold day, warm tummy

I know that I am no Betty Crocker, Julia Childs, or Pioneer Woman, but I know good eatin' when it touches my taste buds.  And this my dear friends is one of our family favorites. 

I am so thankful that my kids are pretty good great eaters.  Most anything that I fix, they will eat.  Yeah for mom!!!  This week they requested this soup for dinner so I thought I would pass along the recipe to you.  Maybe your munchkins will enjoy too.  If not, I know you will absolutely L.O.V.E. it!!  Let me know if you try and tell me what you think.  I might even come over for dinner so I can eat it too!!!



In a large soup pot combine italian sausage and onions to cook thoroughly.




Add thinly sliced potatoes.




Playing peek-a-boo with the potatos is entirely optional. 
Cover potatoes with chicken broth.  Add red pepper flakes.


Cook on low heat until potatoes are soft.
Add bacon bits/bacon pieces and kale (torn into pieces).



Add 1 cup of whipping cream.
(I told you this was going to be good!!!)
Let simmer for about 10-15 minutes...long enough to cook some cornbread.

enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That looks delish! I can't wait to try it. I love testing out new recipes for the family. Come on over!

Anonymous said...

Do you remember where we got this recipe!
Tonya