Friday, September 18, 2009

life is good. life is hard

Yesterday, while driving to town for a meeting, I heard this phrase on the radio. It has really been something that has stuck with me and made me think these past 24 hours. Life IS good, but life is hard.

This week, my absolutely precious grandmother found out that she has breast cancer. Bless her heart, she has battled health issue, after health issue since she was a child. I ask myself "Why her?" She has a heart of gold, and genuinely loves life. I ask myself "Why her?" She has been a minister of God's word to her friends, family, and anyone that would listen to how blessed she is. I ask myself "Why her?" It breaks my heart that she must endure this horrible thing called CANCER. She has such a zest for life. I just hate to think about it. When I talk to her, she has such confidence and determination..."let's just get it over with." She is so calm. cool, and collected.


I have to say that I am a little more freaked out about the whole deal. I have to keep asking myself...what does this mean for my mother? what does this mean for my sister and I? and what does this mean for our precious daughters? I know this might sound selfish, but it scares me a bit.

When I go to the doctor's office and fill out those forms questioning about health history, it has always been a relief to just skip right by all that verbage dealing with cancer. Maybe I have taken it for granted. I don't know!! But, what I do know, is I am a little freaked out!!

So my dear friends, I ask for your prayers for my dear grandmother. Pray for spirits to remain good while she deals with doctors, hospitals, and whatever treatments are required. Pray for her to feel good. Pray for her strength. Pray for wisdom of her doctors. Pray for less pain, more joy. Pray that no other health issues arise. Pray for my mom, as she is an only child and bears the burden alone. Pray for me to be sensitive to both of them. Sometimes I get so busy that I forget about taking care of them.


Through it all...LIFE IS GOOD!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for your grandma and what a witness she is. May God be glorified through this trial and I am sure many will hear the gospel as a result.
The chessers