Monday, October 26, 2009

not me monday

Have you ever cooked Hamburger Helper for your family for dinner because you were too lazy to prepare a real meal from scratch?  Well don't be! Not Me! Monday was born out of my desire to admit some of my imperfections and reveal a few moments I'd rather forget. You may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing!







I DID NOT go to the grocery store after school staving.  I know that when one chooses to go to the grocery store during hungry times, one is more likely to spend more money on senseless items.

During the said grocery store visit, I DID NOT walk by my absolute favorite powdered donuts to see if there were any on the shelf.  If they had any donuts, I WOULD NOT have thrown them in the basket.  I know that they are chalked full of calories that I don't need.  Not to mention the sugar that sprinkles all over ones shirt and pants when biting into the donuts. 

Had I actually purchased the powdered donuts that I love so much, I would NEVER have eaten most of the bag while giving a snack to Cydney and cooking dinner for my family.  It is a family rule that we DO NOT eat close to dinner time so that we will be hungry for a delciously nutritious dinner.

I DID NOT totally skip out on church yesterday.  If I had skipped church, I know that I would miss a totally amazing message from the Lord.  A message that I need at the beginning of each week to start my week off right.  I would NOT want to even think of starting my week off on the wrong foot.  Had skipping church been the case, surely I would have had a child home sick or something of just cause to skip.  Being lazy and wanting a morning at home is not justifiable cause to skip church, so I would NOT have skipped church due to this. 

I DID NOT completely miss out on my son's last flag football game on Sunday because it was raining misting and cold.  Before we left the house, I put on my Cuddle Duds and dressed very warmly.  I packed the down comforter in the car to block the bitter wind.  I brought Cydney's new winter hat and mittens.  I was prepared for the game so I would NOT sit in the car and watch from a fair great distance.  I DID NOT entirely call off any pictures for the memory book of team photos because of the rain.  I DID NOT completely use Cydney as my excuse to stay in the car and subside the guilty feeling of watching the game from afar.  I am a trooper except in the freezing cold and would go the miles for my children. 

For more Not Me Mondays...head on over to MckMama blog and laugh yourself silly.  It will boost your self esteem!!!

Hope you have a wonderful week.  Happy Not-Me Monday!!!



3 comments:

Nic said...

LOL! To funny! I can't stand the cold either!

Heather said...

I love yours today! I am happy to say that I have NOT done any of that before! (hehe!)

Jenilee said...

the donuts sound yummy! :) and, LOL, I'm the pastor's wife and I never skip church either! :) hope you have a blessed week!