Monday, February 01, 2010

not me monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing this week.



Well, it's Monday again. I am not wanting to go back to work today. No, really I am not...but I did. It was an eventful week at our house...have a blessed week.

I was not praying Wednesday night that this snow storm would pack the punch the weatherman was saying it would.  I was exhausted and needed a day off from work.

I was not thoroughly excited when my phone rang at 6:00 Thursday morning telling me that school was cancelled due to the weather.  My heart did not do backflips!!!

I did not jump right back in my warm bed in hopes of sleeping in for about 3 more hours.

I did not want to scream when my two older children came running in my room at 6:50 asking if school was cancelled.  What about my intention of sleeping in?

My day did not go down hill from there...resulting in loss of patience, exasperation, and a few funny pictures.

I did not get a little angry with my hubby when he asked if I would fix lunch for the feedyard work crew during the snowstorm.  Nope, I love helping out whenever and wherever I can...even if it is my day off and even if it means cooking for 20+ people.  I am just that way!!

I did not stay in my pajamas for 2 1/2 days because I knew we weren't going anywhere.  My car was snowed into my garage and I had no way of escaping.  Everyone else was snowed in too, so no one was coming to visit either.

I did not l.o.v.e. being in my jammies even if it was for 2 1/2 days.  I did not mind being a bum one single bit.

I am not sick of these 13+ inches of snow because it makes my kids think they have to be outside playing in it.  Which makes for cold, whiney kids and lots and lots of wet laundry.  I have nothing else to do...why not do laundry?  Especially since my kitchen is so clean...(smile!)

What a week...have a great one!!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Woot, woot! I was able to comment! It loaded much faster...so YEAH!!!!

Nic said...

I am SO ready for the snow to be gone!! Now it's just plain nasty!