Thursday, March 04, 2010

i thought i loved you then

Do you ever have days, weeks, months that you are consciously aware that you are more in love with your husband than you were the day before, or even the week before?  Quit honestly, this past week has been one of those weeks for me.  Nothing really happened this week that made this week that was any different than the days, weeks, or months before.  But something happened in my heart that made me fall in love with him all over again.  When I would think of him throughout the day, my heart would skip a beat, and it made me smile just thinking of how much I loved that guy.  When he would get home from work, his kiss was the very best part of my day.  I love how God does that!!!


On most days, Robby is the one that works the hardest to get my attention, the one that needs my undivided attention, but receives less of my attention.  When the kids are in bed, and it is finally his turn to get my attention...I finish household chores and then I am ready to fall into bed.  Thankfully, he never complains.


Did God use Robby's ankle injury to draw us more together?  That, I do not know.  But, I do know...that this week Robby had my undivided attention for many of the hours at home.  And, I loved every minute of it.  Usually, I am not a very sympathetic person when it comes to sickness or injuries.  I try to fix the problem, then we must get well, move on.  This week, my heart was different.  It was a good feeling to know that I loved being there for him, no matter what the need was.


It reminded me of this song by Brad Paisley that Robby and I love...


And now you're my whole life
now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you, girl

Like a river meets the sea,
stronger than it's ever been.
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then


I remember falling in love with Robby for the first time.  I was the happiest girl in the world.  He has always lavished me with his love and affection.  How could I love him more???

But I do!!  I love him more and more with each passing day that that I am blessed to be his wife.  I love that God uses things in our daily lives to draw us closer to one another.  I don't want him to get hurt again, but I do love that I was given the opportunity to give him my undivided attention and lavish him with my love.


Robby Kirkland....I LOVE YOU!!!


2 comments:

Bannie said...

I Love You Both!! And my precious C's.

Heather said...

That's so sweet! And yes, I know that lovin' feeling and how just makes it grow each day :D