Thursday, September 22, 2011

time

Last night as I crawled into bed, I noticed a Carebridge update from a lady I am following.  Most of the people on Carebridge are terminally ill, usually cancer.  I honestly don't know why I follow them because their stories break my heart.  Their stories have a impact to someone in my life, even if not directly connected to me.

As I was reading her update, she talked about the value of TIME in her life.  For her entire grown up life, she has taken time for granted.  But, her doctors have told her that 2-5 years would be a miracle for her.  Her life has been put into a new TIME perspective.

I laid in my bed sobbing.  I was hoping Robby couldn't hear my sniffles as he was drifting off to sleep.  She is teacher, she is a mom with young "threads," she has an amazing husband that she wants to spend  forever with.  JUST LIKE ME!!!

It really made me think about TIME.  We never know how much of we have left?  What do I do with my time?  Often times we fill every moment of our time with something.  We want to make sure our kids "experience" all of life.  We (as a family) don't want to miss a thing.

What if TIME changed for me?  What if TIME changed for you?  Are you content or satisfied with how your days are spent?  What would you do differently?  What would change?

I would focus less on making sure all the "chores" were finished and spend more TIME with my kids.  Thinking back to yesterday...Carson asked me to listen to his UIL Oral Reading story.  I remembered when he was already tucked in his bed, sound asleep.  Didn't get done.  I was more intently focused on  us cleaning out the car, wiping down windows, scrubbing the carpets because the car was driving me crazy!!!  I know for a fact I missed an opportunity to rock Cydney.

Quit honestly, there are things I so desperately want to change involving how we spend our time, but I just can't make the change happen.  I don't know how.  It all goes back to...we don't want to miss a thing.

TIME could change in the blink of an eye.

1 comment:

Diana said...

What a great and thought provoking post.... so true... Psalm 90:12 says "So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." I guess that must mean He offers a way to teach us to make the change. I think I need to dwell on that truth more. Thank you!