Tuesday, October 04, 2011

it's a crazy life, but it's mine

I know how incredibly busy we are.  I mean, all I have to do is look around my house and realize that some days we come in just long enough to sleep, and then we are off again for a new adventure.  Adventure?  Well maybe not too adventuresome, but our life is always some type of adventure.

Two weeks ago, Cydney stayed in Vega at a birthday party, Calleigh was walking in the Walk for Life in Amarillo, Carson was warming up for a football game in Amarillo, and I ran a quick errand with the few minutes I had between dropping Carson off and the actual game. 

As I was putting {over $100 worth...choke, choke} gas in my suburban, I decided to do a few calculations of just how busy the Kirkland family is.  The results were staggering, earth-shaking, and made me a little nauseous.

In a two week period....
          
          ...969 miles

          ...30 hours in the car (engine running....I assume we were in the car!)

          ...$275 in gas

Holy, moly!!!

Two more weekends of football...slow down?  Nope, still have a full calendar and Carson jumps right into basketball!!  So much for rest....


No comments: